Gastroenterologist Wanted for a New State-of-the-Art Ghana Surgery Center
LuccaHealth Medical Specialty Center, a new state-of-the-art multispecialty surgery center in Accra, Ghana and led by a U.S. healthcare company, seeks a full-time gastroenterologist.
This is an ideal opportunity to transform access to high-quality surgical services in West Africa, while developing an innovative model for the delivery of sustainable healthcare services.
LuccaHealth will open in the 1st quarter of 2018 and is recruiting a diverse team of local physicians and nurses that is complemented by expatriate physicians and nurses from the United States. This collaborative environment will offer specialty medical services, including General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Otolaryngology, and Internal Medicine/Cardiology.
LuccaHealth will also have an on-site pharmacy, clinical laboratory, and imaging diagnostics center. By 2019, LuccaHealth annually will provide West Africans with 24,000 specialty consultations, 5,500 surgery center procedures, and undertake 24,000 diagnostic imaging procedures.
We have partnered with New York University’s School of Medicine to offer telemedicine patient consultations in Accra and referrals for more complex surgeries to New York University Langone Medical Center.
We understand the importance of balancing work with a healthy personal lifestyle. Ghana offers cultural opportunities and proximity to beautiful palm-fringed beaches. Excellent international schools make Accra an ideal location to raise a family.
LuccaHealth offers competitive compensation and benefits based on U.S. salary levels including healthcare, dental care, participation in the company sponsored retirement plan, and four weeks of vacation.
LuccaHealth also will offer opportunities for its physicians to provide pro bono medical services, conduct research, and train the next generation of Ghanaian physicians.
LuccaHealth is being developed by BlackIvy Group, a U.S. values-driven company, which is anchored in Washington, DC with offices in Ghana and Tanzania.
- In partnership with the President of LuccaHealth, lead the gastroenterology clinical practice
- Provide consultations and perform diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical procedures
- In partnership with the Chief Operating Officer, assist with management and supervision of clinical personnel (e.g., clinical nurses, allied health professionals, EMR, telemedicine operations)
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team, as needed, to create individualized treatment plans for patients
- Embrace and promote a patent-centric model of care
- Demonstrate proficiency and support use of the practice management system.
- Completed ACGME accredited residency in internal medicine and ACGME accredited fellowship in gastroenterology
- Active board certification in respective specialty is required
- Active unrestricted medical license in one State is required
- Demonstrate excellent skills involving the most advanced procedures for the respective specialty performed safely in an outpatient setting
- At least two years of active practice required, four years of active practice preferred
- Minimum of MD or DO from an accredited U.S. Medical School is required.
- Minimum of one year required; two or more years preferred (preference given to those candidates who will commit two or more years)
- Relocation to Accra is required
Please send CV or resume to: Dr. Matthew Stremlau, LuccaHealth Physician Recruitment Specialist, at: email@example.com.
Dr. Stremlau is happy to answer questions about the opportunity and can be reached at: 914-200-3684.