Nephrology Group Seeks New Partner for Practice in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking a Nephrologist with an entrepeneurial spirit to join an amazing group based in Southwest Washington. The position will be located in Longview, Washington at the PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center, but will join a team the serves the greater Southwest Washington Area (including communities of Vancouver, Battleground, Long Beach, and St. Helen’s, Oregon). If you are seeking a home where you can thrive in the great outdoors, have access to big city amenities, and serve a tremendous and diverse population, our practice would be a great place for you!
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Join an established practice of three physicians and one nurse practitioner
- 100% Nephrology Practice
- Outstanding support including MAs, Nursing, Clerical, and Billing and Coding Support
- Call is 1:4
- Mission-driven and serving the local community
- Practice wants to grow and be the premiere group in Southwest Washington
- Extremely collegial and nourishing environment
Why you’ll love Vancouver and Longview:
- Providers are deeply integrated into the community and a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Vancouver has a robust, independent city with over 160k people with the additional advantage of being part of the Portland, Oregon metro area.
- Vancouver is the county seat in Clark County named for the Lewis and Clark expedition.
- Downtown Vancouver is only nine miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Coast, and 160 miles to Seattle
- Forbes magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River and Mount St. Helens and beautiful local parks.
- Longview town is situated 45 miles north of the Portland metro area and 120 miles south of Seattle.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57k, so you’ll skip the trip to the larger cities for your shopping and dining needs. Our area has many locally-owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains such as Target, Macy’s, and Home Depot, and a variety of grocery shopping options.
- The temperate climate in western Washington and Oregon nurtures beautiful landscapes, bountiful fruit and vegetable harvests, and world famous flowers such as tulips and roses.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest
- The metro area has world class cuisine, wine, and beer which are mostly locally produced and sourced.
- Washington State does not have state income tax.
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
- 450-Bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. They are one of the largest employer in Clark County.
- 24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage and there is a nurse phone-triage team.
- Last year there were more than 224k outpatient clinic visits.
- Over 600 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally.
- In 2014 they received a Gold Star Recognition from the Washington State Hospital Association for clinical initiatives designed to reduce readmission rates and infections.
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center
- 346-Bed hospital with Level III trauma center.
- Recognized with a Beacon Award for critical care outcomes.
- Over 250 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally to more than 180,000 patients per year.
- The service area for this community is over 100k.
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage and wellness program
- Generous compensation, paid time off, and sick leave
- Education Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify
- CME reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive retirement plan options
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Seth A Lidren, phone: 360-729-2011, e-mail: SLidren@PeaceHealth.org
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multispecialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship – the spirit of health.