TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Physician to join our Hospitalist team in Newark, Delaware. We ask that you be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine trained, and this position includes days only. This Newark practice is within convenient train service to Baltimore and Philadelphia. In joining TeamHealth, you become part of one of our nation’s leading health care organizations that specializes in Hospitalist Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Specialty Medicine. We welcome the opportunity to share more information with you and learn about what you seek in a position.
- Join a well-established midsized hospitalist group
- Great mix of seasoned and newly trained providers
- Days only
- Compensation: strong base salary with wRVU based quarterly bonus
- Average of 18 patients a day
- Closed ICU
- No procedures
- No codes or RRT responsibility
- Comprehensive benefits include: fully paid Malpractice (with tail), health, dental, vision, short-term & long-term Disability
- 401K, SERP, CME time & allotment and concierge service
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Realize your career potential by growing into local, regional, and national leadership as part of TeamHealth’s 20,000 practicing clinicians across the US.
Located on I-95 and providing easy access to Philadelphia, New York and Washington, D.C., Newark combines the charm of small town America with industrial and commercial diversity. It’s also the home of the University of Delaware. A sense of community is reflected in the revitalized downtown and many fairs and festivals. Newark’s older neighborhoods blend bungalows and ranches with colonials and Tudors, and new developments future home sites along gently rolling hills. Quality of life is a big reason families are drawn to Newark; they also enjoy tax-free shopping, small-town life and proximity to several urban areas. Newark offers more cultural activities than most communities of its size—including museums, theater and other performing arts—due to the university’s presence. Newark residents have access to more than 650 acres of parkland and open space, including tennis and basketball courts, baseball/softball fields, swimming pools and more. These parks provide ample hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding opportunities. Newark enjoys a moderate climate with few extreme temperatures.