Associate Director – Academic Emergency Psychiatry Service
Northwell Health and Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine is seeking a highly motivated Board Certified/Board Eligible Psychiatrist for a new leadership position within the division of emergency psychiatry. The Associate Director of the Division of Emergency Psychiatry at Long Island Jewish Medical Center serves an integral clinical and leadership role in an academic emergency behavioral health service that conducts over 9,000 assessments each year in a dedicated behavioral health space. Successful applicants will have a strong interest in career development within emergency behavioral health. Leadership experience (including chief residency) is preferred, but not required.
Long Island Jewish Medical Center is a 488-bed tertiary care facility with an annual volume of over 98,000 Emergency Room visits. The 48-acre campus of Long Island Jewish Medical Center includes a total of 888 beds, including Cohen Children's Medical Center and Zucker Hillside Psychiatric Hospital.
Unique Leadership Opportunity
- Join the leadership team of the flagship Psychiatric Emergency Service at the largest health system in New York State (21 hospitals, 60,000+ employees, 10,000+ physicians)
- Leadership team includes Adult and Pediatric Director, two Associate Directors, Senior Admin Manager, and Program Coordinator
- Staff of 60+ includes 24/7 interdisciplinary team of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, Nurses, and trainees in multiple disciplines including Residents and Fellows.
- Position is 2 days/week clinical, with remaining time for administration and academics
- Academic appointment in Psychiatry at the top-ranked Zucker Hillside Hospital
- Academic appointment in Emergency Medicine at LIJ Medical Center
- Classroom and clinical teaching of Residents, Fellows, Medical Students, NP/EMT students.
- Extensive research and publication opportunities
- Excellent base salary- nationally competitive
- Significant bonus/moonlighting opportunities
- Large employer contribution to retirement plan (11%) and $5000 annual CME
For further information, or to apply, please contact: OPR@NORTHWELL.EDU