President of the Fondation Ipsen
Under the aegis of the Fondation de France, the Fondation Ipsen (http://www.fondation-ipsen.org/) tracks progress in biomedical research with the continuing aim of highlighting fundamental advances. The ambition of the Fondation Ipsen is to identify emerging knowledge and new paradigms and to foster the most promising interconnections between domains to facilitate the process of scientific interdisciplinary fertilization. To play a part in highlighting what is at stake, to promote the interactions needed between specialists in different fields of research, and to disseminate the most recent discoveries, the Fondation Ipsen facilitates interdisciplinary groups of clinical practitioners and academics involved in basic research to meet at regular series of meetings.
The President will provide overall leadership for the Ipsen Fondation’s initiatives, including strategic vision, programs development, financial management and monitoring, community relationships and communication strategy.
The President will make sure that the Fondation activities contribute to the image and reputation of Ipsen in the global scientific and medical community.
- Chairing the Fondation Ipsen Executive Committee and • providing leadership to the Fondation strategy, Organization and Operations
- Enhancing visibility and reputation of the Fondation Ipsen within the global medical and scientific community
- Providing leadership and Managing the Fondation Staff and optimizing resource allocation (four team members)
- Developing and nurturing an ambitious Communication strategy both internally at Ipsen and externally with global reach
- Complying with Ethics and Compliance rules
The incumbent should bring a combination of strong scientific/medical competencies with a successful track record in life sciences (Academia / Industry) and external peers’ recognition, together with skills and experience in scientific/medical writing and scientific communication.
The position is based in Paris, France.
- PhD/MD with at least 15 years of experience in academic research and/or in Life science industry, including significant experience in strategic leadership capacity.
- Ability to translate basic science to Medicine/clinical practice and Patient outcome
- Membership in a National Sciences/Medicine/Pharmacy Academy would be a plus
- Experience in scientific publishing in prestigious journals would be a plus
- Leadership qualities and experience appropriate to interact with senior executives and renowned scientists around the world
- Proven ability to operate in a top notch scientific environment
- Proven ability to have influence across diverse scientific and/or medical sectors
- Proven ability to create, develop and sustain external networks within the global scientific community
- Strong writing, editing and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Language: English fluency required; French fluency would be a plus
To apply, please submit an up to date resume with a motivation letter describing your reasons for pursuing this opportunity by e-mail to Laure Storck, Virdis Group (email@example.com), before June 1st 2017. No phone inquiries, please.
For more information about our Fondation, please refer to our website: www.fondation-ipsen.org