The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking full-time Medical Directors, in and around the NY area, to join our world-class organization. The Medical Director is responsible for working with practice physicians, practice management, and Network leadership to ensure excellent patient care, quality outcomes, and patient and provider satisfaction. In addition, the site Medical Director will provide necessary leadership so that the site meets its targets regarding practice efficiency, financial performance, and clinical integration.
As Mount Sinai evolves its healthcare model in a changing reimbursement environment, the site Medical Director will play a lead role in preparing the practice and its clinicians for value-based care and will utilize his/her leadership to positively impact change management. To meet these goals, the Medical Director is expected to serve as the senior physician at the site, provide clinical supervision for practice physicians, identify clinical needs, promote adherence to Health System protocols, processes, and best practices, support practice growth and recruitment, and serve as a liaison with Network and Health System leadership. The Medical Director will lead by example, bringing out the best in his/her colleagues.
The chosen candidates will have the opportunity to partner with primary and specialty care colleagues through the Department of Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine.
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York State Medical License
- Physician must be board-certified and in good standing with a minimum of 5-10 years clinical experience and at least five years of demonstrated administrative and leadership responsibilities
- Reports directly to CMO of the Mount Sinai Health Network
- Must actively see patients as part of practice
- Must attend management training sessions as directed by Health System and Network leadership
- Participate in practice management modules as part of CME requirement
- Committed to Mount Sinai and the communities we serve
- Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven Health System
To apply directly, please visit our physician career portal:
For more information, please contact:
Mount Sinai Physician Careers
646 605-7726/ email@example.com