Become a key partner on a strategic-minded executive team. As the practice's new Medical Director, you will have a seat at the table to influence and execute key decisions that will ensure your continued career success. If you enjoy networking, building partnerships and exceeding your own expectations, you will love your new role as Medical Director. As the Medical Director, you will also ensure all providers and Physicians within the organization have the opportunity to participate in key strategic initiatives and have a voice within the company. You will play a key role in making sure there is a connection between the clinical side of the business and management decision-making and planning.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As the Medical Director, you will split your time about 15% – 20% providing clinical care and the rest providing administrative and business development. Specific clinical and non-clinical responsibilities include:
- Deliver on and Model the Way with respect to Exceptional Patient Experiences
- Maintain good standing as a Physician provider
- Provide guidance and leadership for performance guidelines of providers and clinical staff.
- Provide leadership oversight for clinic functions, processes and practices when serving as shift provider.
- Oversee documentation and care planning.
- Maintain insurability (malpractice)
- Supervise mid-level practitioners according to company policy, State and Federal law, and procedure standards.
- Keep skills up to date and increase knowledge and productivity.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Follow all policies and procedures by company standards.
- Complete all tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations and professional requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction in clinical practice through supervision of Physicians and Midlevel Providers
- Provide leadership for Clinical Advisory Board (CAB), to include organizing and convening regular CAB meetings per the CAB Charter, seeking feedback from Providers and staff in order to prepare and organize the CAB agenda, providing regular updates regarding the state of medical care and clinical operations, and recommending evidence-based changes to improve patient outcomes.
- Provide direction and support of processes for provider recruiting, provider and staff development, and business development.
- Provide direct leadership support for provider recruiting, selection, retention, and ongoing development.
- Provide direct leadership support for new business development.
- Oversee clinical peer review of Physician activities.
- Oversee the activities of group physicians, including providing performance feedback.
- Handle Physician behavior and impairment issues.
- Monitor, review and provide guidance regarding patient quality and Net Promoter Scores (NPS) with a focus on improving and delivering on Exceptional Patient Experiences
- Oversee and advise on appropriate response to patient clinical complaints.
- Represent company to external business and community groups.
- Managing through influence to develop and achieve ongoing operational excellence and exceptional patient experiences company-wide.
This position will have 50% or more travel (mostly same day); up to 25% overnight travel.Qualifications
As a top contender for this Medical Director job opening, you will possess the following education, licensure, skills and abilities
- MD or DO with active Board Certification
- 8-10 years experience as a Physician
- Must possess a current Georgia State Medical license and must maintain Continuing Medical Education as expected to maintain licensure.
- Must possess Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, DEA Certificate
- Must have DOT National Registry Certification or be willing and able to attain certification within 60 days of assuming the Medical Director role.
- Must be a certified Medical Review Officer (MRO), or be willing and able to become a certified MRO within six months of assuming the Medical Director role.
- Must maintain current CPR and a valid driver's license.
TalentCare is a disruptive, data-driven healthcare recruiting firm with clinical and non-clinical positions nationwide. You will hear about exclusive, direct hire job openings that provide you career mobility and growth. With TalentCare on your side, you are:
- Matched with jobs based on advanced predictive analytics, so you will fit and perform well
- Hired directly by the client company, whether full-time or part-time
- Never hounded by other firms about our job openings – they're all 100% exclusive
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 7594