Regional Medical Director
As a Regional Medical Director for this high growth, home-based provider team you will improve healthcare for the patients with the most intense and complex medical needs. You will benefit from excellent compensation and benefits, including a robust bonus program, market-leading Paid Time Off (PTO), CME reimbursement, auto allowance, child care benefits, and more. You will gain incredible expertise, especially in the geriatric department.
Join a team-based clinical environment, where you will find mission-driven clinicians who are passionate about fixing our broken system of care.
As Region Medical Director you will:
- Provide the means, structure, and environment to most effectively and efficaciously utilize the resources that are available to ensure that all enrolled members have access to appropriate medical care
- Assume oversight responsibility for all components of medical management.
- Oversee and participats in the development, documentation, implementation, and interpretation of local medical policies and procedures
- Support the program within the community and assist in the development of local business opportunities
- Assist in providing quality medical care and interact with colleagues, families and patients in a professional manner.
- Meet/confer periodically via telephone or in person, with the Program Director, VP of Medical Services and other management regarding local issues including patient care plans and authorizations for service
- Provide Primary Care Physician Services to members in the event that the member’s PCP is unavailable
- Maintain HIPAA compliancy
- Board Certified Physician
- Doctor of Medicine M.D. or Doctor od Osthopathy D.O. from an accredited educational institution
- Current State License
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registrations for the purpose of writing prescriptions
- Home based Care Experience
- Experience dealing with a complex set of patients with a relatively high level of acuity
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care