Are you a Physician who wishes for the time to treat the root cause of your patients' chronic illnesses, rather than the symptoms of an episode? Do you enjoy using your intellect to manage complex, medically challenging scenarios in a way that truly changes the patient outcome long-term?
Imagine if you could follow your patients through their paths, understanding all of the relevant factors limiting their ability to improve, and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to change their stories in a positive, life-changing way.
Take your seat at the table alongside a team of clinicians passionate about fixing our broken system of healthcare in a revolutionary way. Plus, enjoy all the benefits of this fully employed Physician role, including generous PTO and bonus programs, as well as CME reimbursement, child care benefits and more.
Interviewing immediately. Apply today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Physician your duties will be:
- Functions as the day to day clinical leader of the multi-disciplinary team, providing decision support to team members providing care in the home to patients
- In situations where there is no existing PCP for the patient, assume responsibility as PCP to drive care and continuity for this patient
- In situations where there is an existing PCP for the patient, help to co-manage the patient with the PCP and functions as their extension into the home - the PCP's eye and ears in the home
- Assess patients' medical, social / psychological, financial needs in their place of residence
- Provide same-day clinical assessment and treatment for pre-crisis intervention
- Prescribe appropriate diagnostics and interventions to avoid unnecessary transfers/acute admissions
- Consult with other physicians following notification of member transfer
- Collaborate with UM staff and PCPs / facility staff to enable medical necessity determinations for requested medical services
- Educate members and/or their legal representatives in disease processes affecting members and ways to manage them effectively, as well as to promote wellness
- Board Certified / Board Eligible Physician
- Doctor of Medicine M.D. or Doctor of Ostepathy D.O. from an accredited educational institution
- Current Stale Licence
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registrations for the purpose of writing prescriptions
- Home based Care Experience
- Experence dealing with a complex set of patients with a relatively high level of acuity
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
TalentCare is a disruptive, data-driven healthcare recruiting firm with clinical and non-clinical positions nationwide. You will hear about exclusive, direct hire job openings that provide you career mobility and growth. With TalentCare on your side, you are:
- Matched with jobs based on advanced predictive analytics, so you will fit and perform well
- Hired directly by the client company, whether full-time or part-time
- Never hounded by other firms about our job openings – they're all 100% exclusive
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 6212