Medical Director #MED055

Location
Connecticut
Posted
Nov 28, 2016
Ref
17741
Specialty
Family Medicine
Position Type
Permanent
Medical Director #MED055 - Hartford, CT Our client is seeking an experienced primary care Physician as its Chief Medical Officer.  Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and serving as a member of the Senior Management Team, the Chief Medical Officer will provide clinical leadership to the provider staff, develop clinical strategic goals and ensure the delivery of high quality patient care.  The incumbent will work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the achievement of strategic priorities.  The Chief Medical Officer will deliver clinical care 60% of the time and spend the remaining 40% of the time performing administrative duties.  MEDICAL DIRECTOR INCENTIVES:
  • Generous Compensation
BENEFITS FOR MEDICAL DIRECTOR:
  • Top notch benefits package
  • High visibility position in the community
  • Patient centered care model (PCMH)
  • Committee service, lead meetings
MEDICAL DIRECTOR REQUIREMENTS:
  • B/C Family Medicine
  •  7 years’ experience as a practicing clinician, including at least 5 years’ of director or senior level leadership experience 
  • Possess or be eligible to obtain a license to practice medicine in the State of Connecticut
  • Demonstrate the willingness and ability to deliver high quality patient care in an efficient manner to under-served populations with complex needs
  • Exhibit a strong community health/public health orientation coupled with a deep understanding of effective primary care delivery models
  • Have experience with recruitment, on-boarding, retention and supervision of clinical providers
  • Demonstrate the ability to develop and successfully execute short-, mid-, and long-term enterprise-wide strategic goals
  • Possess superior communication skills and have demonstrated success building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with clinical and administrative staff, patients, and external partners and stakeholders
  • Have a deep understanding of principles of clinical quality, including ongoing professional practice evaluation and experience nurturing a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork and collaboration
  • Possess an aptitude for collecting, analyzing and presenting a variety of data, including performance, productivity and financial data, and comfort making defensible, evidence-based decisions
  • Be comfortable working with electronic health record systems
  - Qualified physician and advanced practitioner applications only.