Addictions Specialist - Staten Island University Hospital
The Northwell Health Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health is seeking a full-time Addiction Psychiatrist or Internist for Staten Island University Hospital. The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in Internal Medicine or General Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry or Addiction Medicine. Federal suboxone certification is required. Highlights include:
- Treat patients in our MMTP and OP Chemical Dependency Counseling Programs located at the South site campus of Staten Island University Hospital
- Work with a multidisciplinary medical, counseling, and nursing staff
- Coordinate patients’ progress and treatment plans
- Responsible for dispensing and administering Methadone and Suboxone in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations
- Participate in the teaching programs for residents and other students within the department
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Sciences at Staten Island University Hospital (SIUH) is the most active provider of comprehensive mental health services on Staten Island, a borough of New York City with a population of more than 480,000. The department has over 1,450 inpatient discharges per year and overall outpatient visits are over 23,000 per year. Staffed by an accredited team of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, activity therapists, working with primary care physicians and allied health professionals, the Department offers sophisticated multi-disciplinary care wherever and whenever it is needed.
As part of Northwell Health, formerly the North Shore-LIJ Health System, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed teaching institution and tertiary care medical center, providing primary and tertiary care to the residents of Staten Island and the adjacent boroughs in New York City.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Academic appointment at the Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine is commensurate with credentials and experience. For additional information please contact:
For Further details, please contact: Office of Physician Recruitment, Northwell Health, OPR@northwell.edu