Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrician – Major New York Teaching Hospital
Northwell Health is seeking a part-time BC/BE Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrician to join the Division of Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics at Staten Island University Hospital, a teaching hospital of the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine. The ideal candidate will have experience in a broad range of disorders including attention deficit disorders, autism spectrum disorders, behavioral issues, cerebral palsy, genetic abnormalities (e.g. Down’s Syndrome), sleep and feeding disorders, and educational problems involving speech, language, and/or learning. Highlights include:
- The Department of Pediatrics has a 20-bed inpatient unit with close to 2,000 discharges per year, a 4-bed PICU and a state-designated level III NICU. There are 3,000 annual newborn deliveries, 10,000 ambulatory faculty practice visits, and 20,000 pediatric emergency department visits.
- Our team that consists of one developmental/behavioral pediatrician, two nurse practitioners, and one clinical psychologist.
- Responsibilities include: patient care, supervision of residents and medical students, and participation in clinical research.
- Specialists in all areas of Pediatrics are available including Neurology, Ophthalmology, and Genetics
- Opportunities are available for inter-disciplinary collaboration with professionals in speech and language, audiology, occupational and physical therapy, and neuropsychology.Extensive resources including Early Intervention Program and an Early Childhood Direction Center are available.
Founded in 1861, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed, specialized teaching hospital located in New York City’s fastest growing borough. Occupying two large campuses, plus a number of community-based health centers and labs, the hospital provides quality care to people on Staten Island, the New York metropolitan region, and to patients from around the world.
Staten Island is the third largest borough in New York City and is home to diverse neighborhoods, parks, natural areas, and cultural attractions. It is right over the bridge from either Brooklyn or New Jersey, or you can reach Manhattan via ferry, or less than 30 minutes via car. “The small town in the Big City” affords suburban living within the confines of the Big Apple; the best of both worlds. Wherever you roam, you will encounter breathtaking views, world class culture and education, and a neighborhood to fit every palate.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Academic appointment with the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine is commensurate with credentials and experience.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For additional information and to apply, please contact: Office of Physician Recruitment, Northwell Health: OPR@northwell.edu
Apply for Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrician – Major New York Teaching Hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly