Attending Physician – Med-Surg - Cermak
Cermak Health Services of Cook County (CERMAK) provide healthcare to the detainees at the Cook County Department of Corrections. The scope of services provided by Cermak includes: health screening; primary care clinics, 24/7 urgent care center; and medical infirmary care. CERMAK is searching for an Attending Physician who will be responsible for providing primary care to inmates in accordance with all professional standards; adhere to all federal, local, and department rules and regulations; and perform all other related duties assigned by the Medical Director or Associate Medical Director. Join a group of dedicated, caring providers.
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/CV to the following e-mail address: CermakRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
The job title (Attending Physician 6) and posting number (00119173) must be in the subject line of your e-mail. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
Link to this job posting for a detailed job description and application process: https://cookcountyil.taleo.net/careersection/200/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=00119173
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your e-mailed resume/CV.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical college or university.
- Licensed as a physician or surgeon in the State of Illinois or eligible to be licensed prior to starting employment.
- Completed accredited residency program in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine, or eligible to complete such residency prior to start of employment.
- Board Certified or Eligible for certification in either of the following medical specialties: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine, or is a resident physician
- Valid Illinois Controlled Substances License (ILCS) or the ability to obtain licensure prior to starting employment.
- Valid licensure with the Federal DEA or eligible to obtain licensure prior to starting employment.
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM
As one of the largest public health systems in the country, the Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) cares for more than 300,000 individuals resulting in over 1 million patient visits each year. Our mission to care for all, regardless of their ability to pay, dates back to 1835. In that time, we have cared for millions of patients and trained thousands of doctors, nurses, and health professionals. We conduct important research making substantial contributions to current practices. With a patient-centric focus, we look to our teams to provide a commitment to leading edge practices and approaches, collegial relationships, and the CCHHS mission.