Physician - Family Medicine - Iraq
The Medical Services Support in Iraq (MSSI) Program Manager establishes a clinically safe and professionally managed healthcare environment and provides primary health care as well as resuscitative surgical care in accordance with U.S. or equivalent medical standards on a 24-hour basis, 365 days of the year to Chief of Mission (COM) personnel U.S. Embassy Baghdad, serving a population of approximately 6,600 adults.
This position description is applicable to all Family Medicine (Physician) (General Medical Officer) who may be selected. Hereinafter: Physician/GMO. The Family Medicine Provider reports to the MSSI Program Manager and is supervised by the designated site medical director and may be a:
- Family Medicine Specialist (defined by current board certified or equivalent board certification) with interests as defined above and with an interest, additional training, and practice experience to include the broad range of gynecologic, medical, surgical, orthopedic, psychiatric, and trauma emergency.
The Physician (GMO) will be assigned to treat patients in one of the following settings: (1) non-surgical/field medical care clinics or (2) small medical/trauma hospital (3) Field Health Unit. The physician (GMO) will treat patients in these settings to ensure proper injury care and disease diagnosis, treatment and recovery, request necessary tests and follow-up visits and refer patients to specialists as necessary. Some settings will require physician (GMO) to coordinate with local hospitals to determine local capabilities, coordinate admission, monitor and arrange final disposition. In addition, some settings will require stabilization of patient and coordination of evacuation of patient to medevac center or CONUS.
In some locations, the Physician (GMO) will have a leadership role and serve as both a Physician and Site Medical Director or Chief Medical Officer in support of a Program Manager.
Physicians (GMO) provide a U.S. standard of care for our patient care/treatment model.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles, and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHS is recognized.
This position is notional and will be filled upon future openings.
- All Health Care Providers (HCPs) will document care delivered and follow up care required.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of three years as a U.S. licensed attending Physician is required with additional training and/or experience in GYN, dermatology, ENT, pulmonary, cardiovascular, ophthalmology, medical, surgical, orthopedic, psychiatric, and trauma emergency also required.
- Must have and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), DEA License, and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Have recent completion of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) or comparable advanced trauma course featuring “live tissue” or exceptional simulation training is highly desirable.
- Physician licenses must be in good standing, without restrictions, and kept current through the period of employment.
- Current ACLS and ATLS to be current throughout the period of employment. A 90-day window is permitted for recertification.
- All Physicians must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 6 of the last 12 months as an attending Physician.
- Participate in training, (including HIPAA training) that may be required by DOS or CHS prior to deployment to Iraq.
- Must have a valid, current U.S. Driver’s License
- Must have a current U.S. Passport. All Physicians (GMO) shall be proficient in the ability to speak, write, and communicate in English.
- A Physician (General Medical Officer) will require a favorably adjudicated Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) investigation conducted by the Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security.
- Each Physician (General Medical Officer) will sign a CHS MSSI Foreign Service Agreement (FSA) and is bound to the terms and conditions of the FSA
- Maintain the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients.
- Normal work week is established by the DoS Chief of Mission.
- All Physicians (GMO) will complete a Foreign Affairs Counter Terrorism training course prior to deployment to Iraq for work on the MSSI contract. Training will include: Combat First Aid, Weapons Familiarization, Defensive Tactics/Driving, IED recognition, Surveillance Detection, and Hostage Survival and Personnel Recovery
- All shall demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic word processing programs and the CHS Medical Management System software.
Note: CHS will provide institutional malpractice insurance as well as individual malpractice policies for the all General Medical Officers.
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” in accordance CHS Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting, or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; travel in Iraq is required by surface or air.
- The climate is desert-like, hot, and prone to dust storms.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Apply for Physician - Family Medicine - Iraq
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly