Correctional Psychiatrist – Cermak Health Services at the Cook County Jail
Cermak Health Services (CERMAK) provides healthcare to the detainees at the Cook County Department of Corrections. The Correctional Psychiatrist works under the direct clinical supervision of the Chief of Psychiatry and with the Unit Director/Correctional Psychologist as a treatment team leader for the mental health professionals and other health disciplines, as well as custody staff, assigned to the respective unit. The psychiatrist may be assigned to intake, urgent care, acute, residential or outpatient treatment units, providing comprehensive psychiatric assessment/diagnosis, medication management, therapy and discharge planning to the inmate population of the jail.
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/CV to the following e-mail address: CermakRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
The job title (Attending Physician – Correctional Psychiatrist) and posting number (00119704) in the subject line of your e-mail. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
Link To This Job Posting: https://cookcountyil.taleo.net/careersection/200/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=00119704
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical college or university
- Must be licensed as a physician in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Must be board certified in Psychiatry or eligible for certification
- Current and valid Illinois Controlled Substances license or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Current and valid licensure with the Federal DEA
- Current and valid certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or have the ability to obtain certification prior to starting employment