Assistant Dean of Clinical Sciences
Assistant Dean of Clinical Sciences Qualifications:
- An MD from an LCME or equivalent accredited medical school.
- Leadership experience in a North American or Caribbean medical school clinical program preferred.
- 5+ Years experience as an Assistant Clinical Dean or senior member of a clinical department, thorough knowledge of accreditation standards as they apply to the clinical program, and knowledge of state and regulatory issues as they pertain to foreign medical schools.
- Mentor, assist, and evaluate students as they prepare to take the USMLE step 2 and during clinical rotations.
- Monitor clinical student progress.
- Evaluate students’ performance for Medical Student Performance Evaluations.
- Teach courses as needed.
- Establish affiliations with teaching hospitals in USA and Canada for clinical rotations.
- Develop the clinical curriculum.
- Oversee scheduling and placement of students at clinical sites.
- Participate in the accreditation and approval process both in the U.S. and the Caribbean.
- Recruit clinical chairpersons.
- Develop clinical staff.
- Act as liaison with various administrative offices including registrar, admissions, comptroller, etc…
- Assist in academic and administrative policy recommendations.
- Work in concert with Dean of Basic Sciences.
- Travel internationally as required.
Apply for Assistant Dean of Clinical Sciences
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly