With its financial stability and integrated clinical care model, Guthrie is structured with an organizational design and function that provides the flexibility necessary to adroitly handle the healthcare changes that lie ahead.
Guthrie is a collegial, physician-led, integrated delivery system that offers its 285 physicians opportunities for leadership, research, advancement and a work/life balance that others only dream of.
Highly selective search.
Why consider this opportunity?
- Truven 'Top 50 Cardiovascular Program' for ten of the last thirteen years
- Thriving TAVR Program initiated in Fall 2014, over 50 cases 98% success rate
- Team includes 13 Cardiologists, Advanced Practitioners, 3 Cardiothoracic Surgeons & 3 Vascular Surgeons
- State-of-the-Art Imaging Systems
- Newly constructed OR and ICU
- Level 3 NCQA Accredited Patient Centered Homes
- Cardiovascular Fellowship has 6 Fellows and is entering is sixth year of advanced training
- FInancially Stable Practicing Physician Led Organization
- Robust Clinical Research Program
- Passion for Teaching Residents and Medical Students
- Regional Leader in Northern PA and Finger Lakes area of NY
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a lush valley at the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chemung Rivers in north-central Pennsylvania. Located just a few miles from the New York border, the Sayre area is proximate to the major cities of the northeast: Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls--all are within 3-1/2 hours' drive.
The area is renowned for its maple products (syrup, sugar, candy) wine, dairy, apple and corn production.
30 miles south of the Finger Lake Region of New York State: Lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing 4-season recreation--1 hour from Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania
Easy driving distance to most major cities in the Northeast
Excellent schools and affordable housing; low cost-of-living. Safe place to raise a family.
Choice to live and/or play in several different communities:
· The Valley: Sayre and Athens, PA and Waverly, NY
· Elmira, NY (20 minutes from main campus)
· Corning, NY (40 minutes from main campus); international headquarters to Corning, Inc.
· Vestal/Binghamton, NY (30 minutes from main campus)
· Ithaca, NY (35 minutes north of main campus); home to Cornell University
Three regional airports within 40 minutes (of main campus in Sayre) with easy connections to New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Orlando. In addition two international airports are approximately 2 hours away.
· Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
· Binghamton Regional Airport
· Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport
· Greater Rochester International Airport
· Albany International Airport