Obstetrics/Gynecology - Corning
- Currently five Physicians and an Advanced Practitioner Provider, all Board Certified
- Primarily Outpatient Services
- Practice Manager and Full Support Staff
- Average 25 Patients per day in office, mix of OB and Gyn (generally 40% OB)
- Referrals from Guthrie's affiliated Primary Care Practices and 10-15 Non-Guthrie Primary Care Physicians
- Generally spend 4 days in the office, including a half day of procedures and 1 day in the OR
- Single Delivering Hospital (Corning Hospital), Approximately 400 Deliveries per year by our group
- Surgery at Corning Hospital, Approximately 3-4 majory surgeries per week, 10-15 minor surgeries per week
- Perinatalogist in Elmira (18 miles), Accepts all preterm deliveries
- Complicated Cancer cases generally go to Strong Memorial or Roswell Park
- Infertility Requiring Gonadotropins or IVF generally go to Rochester
- Sophisticated electronic medical records with digital retrieval and access to studies from the office, the hospital, and home
- Clinical Trial and Research are possible through Guthrie Research Foundation
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.
If you are a physician who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad of career opportunities for spouses abound at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and education institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a short trip.
Discover the innumerable rewards to life in the Twin Tiers