Neurohospitalist Physician Opportunity - Winston Salem, NC
Novant Health Stroke and Neuroscience Specialists has an exciting opportunity for an additional general neurologist Fellowship training and/or special interest in stroke is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent work life balance with the opportunity to pursue research or personal interests during time off.
- Inpatient based 7-day on, 7-day off work schedule
- Well-established inpatient neurology practice with supportive, collegial relationship with inpatient internal medicine team
- Workload managed by five neurologists, three nurse practitioners, and one physician assistant. You would be the sixth to join to ensure continued workload manageability
- Employed neuro-hospitalist position with extremely competitive base salary, generous incentive opportunity, and excellent benefits
We are affiliated with Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center, a 961-bed not-for-profit tertiary care facility with the following features:
- 10-Bed Neuro ICU managed 24/7 by three fellowship-trained neurocritical care intensivists
- 26-Bed stroke/neuro unit
- Four-bed EMU
- Hub-and-spoke model for teleneurosciences program managed by separate neurology team
- Interdepartmental neuroscience team: two neurointerventional radiologists, seven neuroradiologists, one neuroradiation oncologist, four neurosurgeons, a neuro PharmD, a Stroke Coordinator, and two stroke navigators
- 40-Physician hospitalist group actively supporting the neurosciences team
NH Forsyth Medical Center was the first Stroke Center in North Carolina certified by the Joint Commission and is a Gold Plus Medal award winner for Stroke Performance Measures from the American Heart and Stroke Association. As part of Novant Health, North Carolina’s largest integrated healthcare system, our Novant Health Medical Group practices have the support and expertise from a diverse team of professionals. Well-known for our physician-friendly model, Novant physicians thrive in an environment where they take the lead in making decisions about patient care and managing their respective clinics. Located only two hours from the mountains and four hours from the beach, Winston-Salem is a friendly, dynamic community with many colleges/universities and a myriad of cultural and athletic opportunities.
Please send formal CV to:
Emily Slagle Recruiter, Novant Health