Attending Physician - CORRECTIONAL PSYCHIATRIST
Cermak Health Services (CERMAK) provides healthcare to the detainees at the Cook County Department of Corrections. The Correctional Psychiatrist works under the direct clinical supervision of the Chief of Psychiatry and with the Unit Director/Correctional Psychologist as a treatment team leader for the mental health professionals and other health disciplines, as well as custody staff, assigned to the respective unit. The psychiatrist may be assigned to intake, urgent care, acute, residential, or outpatient treatment units, providing comprehensive psychiatric assessment/diagnosis, medication management, therapy, and discharge planning to the inmate population of the jail.
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/CV to the following e-mail address: CermakRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
The job title (Attending Physician – Correctional Psychiatrist) and posting number (00119704) in the subject line of your e-mail. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
Link To This Job Posting: https://cookcountyil.taleo.net/careersection/200/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=00119704
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your e-mailed resume/CV.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical college or university
- Must be licensed as a physician in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Must be board certified in Psychiatry or eligible for certification
- Current and valid Illinois Controlled Substances license or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Current and valid licensure with the Federal DEA
- Current and valid certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or have the ability to obtain certification prior to starting employment
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM
As one of the largest public health systems in the country, the Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) cares for more than 300,000 individuals resulting in over 1 million patient visits each year. Our mission to care for all, regardless of their ability to pay, dates back to 1835. In that time, we have cared for millions of patients and trained thousands of doctors, nurses, and health professionals. We conduct important research making substantial contributions to current practices. With a patient-centric focus, we look to our teams to provide a commitment to leading edge practices and approaches, collegial relationships, and the CCHHS mission.
Apply for Attending Physician - CORRECTIONAL PSYCHIATRIST
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly