Cermak Health Services at the Cook County Jail
Cermak Health Services of Cook County (CERMAK) provides healthcare to the detainees at the Cook County Department of Corrections. The scope of services provided by Cermak includes: health screening; primary care clinics, 24/7 urgent care center; and medical infirmary care. CERMAK is searching for an Attending Physician who will be responsible for providing primary care to inmates in accordance with all professional standards; adhere to all federal, local, and department rules and regulations; and perform all other related duties assigned by the Medical Director or Associate Medical Director. Join a group of dedicated, caring providers.
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/CV to the following e-mail address: CermakRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
The job title (Attending Physician 6) and posting number (00118895) must be in the subject line of your e-mail. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
Link to this job posting for a detailed job description and application process: https://cookcountyil.taleo.net/careersection/200/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=00118895
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical college or university.
- Licensed as a physician or surgeon in the State of Illinois or eligible to be licensed prior to starting employment.
- Completed accredited residency program in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine, or eligible to complete such residency prior to start of employment.
- Board Certified or eligible for certification in either of the following medical specialties: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine, or is a resident physician
- Valid Illinois Controlled Substances License (ILCS) or the ability to obtain licensure prior to starting employment.
- Valid licensure with the Federal DEA or eligible to obtain licensure prior to starting employment.