Director, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Catheterization Lab & Cardiovascular Intervention
The Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University (LKSOM) is currently seeking qualified applicants and candidate nominations for the role of Director, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and Cardiovascular Intervention.
The Director will oversee the clinical operations in all areas of Interventional Cardiology, LKSOM, and Temple University Hospital (TUH). The Director will also have the overall responsibility of providing strategic direction and effective leadership while creating an environment that enhances clinical growth and academic development. Successful candidates will have clinical expertise in all areas of Interventional Cardiology, specifically percutaneous valve interventions, mechanical ventricular support, and high risk coronary therapies. The new Director will possess a proven record of collaborative interaction in a “heart team” model with cardiac and vascular surgeons and excellence in clinical care, education, research, administration, and academic credentials that will support a faculty appointment at the level of Associate/Full Professor. An MD or MD/PhD with active board certification in Internal Medicine/Cardiovascular Disease is required.
Temple Heart & Vascular Institute (THVI)
The THVI is a physician-led, patient focused institute built upon Temple Health’s excellent long-term reputation for heart and vascular clinical care, research and education. At the core of THVI is an integrated approach that encourages collaboration between care providers in order to improve patient experience, outcomes, and value across the spectrum of prevention, diagnosis, intervention, and rehabilitation of cardiovascular disease. THVI continues to build upon the strengths inherent in an institute model while maintaining the advantages conferred as an academic and research healthcare entity. For more information about THVI, visit: http://heart.templehealth.org/content/default.htm and to learn more about The Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, visit: https://medicine.temple.edu/.
Temple Health, one of Philadelphia's leading academic medical centers, is home to more than 1,000 physicians and scientists who share the mission of bringing innovative treatments to patients.
Giving our patients access to some of the world's most advanced therapies — and helping them achieve outcomes once thought impossible — is the driving force for all our clinical care, research, and medical education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Director, Interventional Cardiovascular Medicine and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Cardiovascular Intervention. will have responsibility for the following:
Contributing to the Lewis Katz School of Medicine’s (LKSOM) three major missions:
LKSOM is dedicated to excellence in education, research, and patient care, achieved by faculty, staff, and learners who represent the diversity of society. It provides:
• Education that is patient-centered, instilling in learners the School’s ethic of human service and lifelong learning;
• Research that advances and integrates basic and clinical science; and
• Patient care administered with compassion and understanding, utilizing contemporary knowledge and techniques.
As Director, Interventional Cardiology, LKSOM you will be responsible for the following:
• Developing a center of excellence in interventional cardiology;
• Placing Temple on the cutting edge of interventional procedures;
• Testing and evaluating the latest technologies in interventional cardiology;
• Building a center of excellence with both a regional and national reputation.
As Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Cardiovascular Intervention, Temple University Hospital (TUH) and Temple University Health System (TUHS) you will be responsible for the following:
• Providing oversight and management to the cardiac catheterization laboratory;
• Implementation and maintenance of standards of care;
• Incorporating current research, new interventions, and technological advances into practice;
• Implementing ongoing quality assurance activities;
• Establishing appropriate laboratory productivity measures;
• Promoting a collaborative practice with other health care disciplines to assure an integrated approach to care of the patient;
• Carrying out a risk management program in conjunction with the Risk Management Departments of TUH, LKSOM and Jeanes Hospital to prevent, minimize, or correct risks to patients and staff based on institutional policy and procedure.
- An MD or MD/PhD with active board certifications in Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology.
- Possess academic credentials for a faculty appointment at the level of Associate/Full Professor.
- Candidates should be an active participant in national organizations and committees such as the American College of Cardiology.
- Experience in managing clinical operations in a successful, recognized cardiology program
- Demonstrated record of excellence in clinical care, education, research, and administration.
- Experience working with leadership of hospitals, faculty practice organizations, research institutes, or other mission-critical institutions.
Procedure for Candidacy
Interested candidates should submit a current curriculum vitae and complete contact information to the address below.
Personal statements summarizing teaching experience, clinical and research interests, leadership experience, and contributions to diversity are encouraged.
Daniel Edmundowicz, Professor and Chief, Section of Cardiology, c/o Michael R. Lester, Senior Director, Physician/Faculty Recruitment and Retention, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, 3420 North Broad Street, MRB 101, Philadelphia, PA 19140; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 215-707-5666; Fax: 215-707-9452.
The University is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching, and/or service to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Apply for Director, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Catheterization Lab & Cardiovascular Intervention
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly