Assistant or Associate Professor of Medicine: Precision Medicine/Genomic Medicine
Columbia University's Irving Institute for Clinical and Translational Research invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor at the Columbia University Medical Center to build precision medicine and human genomic programs in Cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. The successful MD, PhD, or MD-PhD (or equivalent) candidate will have training in and plans to establish basic, translational, and/or clinical research programs in one or more of the following focus areas:
- Cardiovascular human genetics,
- Human functional genomics, e.g. human induced stem cells and gene editing,
- Bioinformatics analysis of genome-wide data (SNP-GWAS, exome/whole genome data, RNAseq, ChlPseq),
- Rodent modeling of human disease,
- Human translational genomics, genome first phenotyping, or clinical trials and/or programmatic return of actionable genomic data to patients.
For clinicians, candidates should have strong clinical and teaching qualifications, and responsibilities may include direct patient care, the supervision and teaching of house staff (residents and fellows) and medical students.
Apply online at: https://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=63478
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer --Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.