Medical Director for Outpatient Psychiatry/Mental Health Clinic
The Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center located in Augusta, GA is searching for a BE/BC Psychiatrist to become a member of their dynamic healthcare team. This position is for the Medical Director of the Outpatient Psychiatry/Mental Health Clinic.
The Psychiatrist functions in a dual role as clinician and administrator. Administrative/Managerial (50%) and Clinical/Direct Patient Care (50%).
1. The psychiatrist is board certified (preferred); functions independently as a member of the Medical Staff, with full clinical privileges, and provides clinical consultation and oversight to professional staff in the outpatient Mental Health clinics.
2. Will have dedicated time devoted to direct patient care and administrative duties.
3. Will supervise Psychiatrists and Nurse Practitioners in Outpatient Mental Health Clinics.
4. Assists the Mental Health Service Line Chief in the design, development, and implementation of clinical programs for the treatment teams; and finds ways to improve production or increase quality of work produced his/her providers.
5. Hears and resolves complaints from multidisciplinary providers that pertain to any of his/her direct report provider.
6. Involved in the training and supervisions of psychiatry residents and medical students rotating through psychiatry.
7. Collaborates with other specialty mental health program managers in managing patients in in several mental health programs.
8. Academic opportunities are available thru Medical College of Georgia (Georgia Regents University).
9. Call requirements are three per month, take telephone calls from home.
Required Qualifications: Completion of Psychiatry Residency, Supervisory/Medical Director Experience
Work hours: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Salary Range: Up to $240,000 per year
Relocation/Recruitment Incentive is negotiable for a highly qualified candidate
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Selected applicant will be eligible to apply for an award up to the maximum limitation under the provisions of the EDRP.
The Augusta Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center is a two-division Medical Center that provides tertiary care in medicine, surgery, neurology, psychiatry, rehabilitation medicine, and spinal cord injury. The Medical Center is affiliated with the Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA and as such integrates teaching, research, and advanced patient care, making it an attractive academic medical center. This facility offers a full spectrum of comprehensive health care services, using state-of-the-art technology and innovative programs, as well as education and research benefits.
a. Citizenship: Citizen of the United States. (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens
b. Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
(1) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
(2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
(3) Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
c. Licensure: Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. The physician must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure.
d. Physical Standards: All applicants must me the physical requirements established for this position
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement). Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. (if needed)
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information, please visit us at: www.va.gov/JOBS/Job_Benefits/benefits.asp.