ACUTE CARE SURGERY
ACUTE CARE SURGERY: University of Arizona
Banner University Medical Group, Tucson
The Division of Trauma, Critical Care, Burn, and Emergency Surgery at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group are actively seeking a Trauma Surgeon to provide a full range of surgical services at its Tucson Campus locations. The Department of Surgery is a dynamic environment offering comprehensive and multi-disciplinary surgical and medical care for patients. Our staff of seven Surgeons strives to provide the best in patient care, resident and medical student education and training, together with extensive community and academic endeavors.
We’re seeking an individual who is able to work with diverse students, trainees, and colleagues. The qualified candidate will be Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery with fellowship training in Surgical Critical Care.
- Fellowship training in Acute Care Surgery/Trauma preferred
- Evidence of clinical and didactic teaching ability
- Candidate should have a history of publications and be an active member of professional societies
- Participate in Emergency and Trauma surgery call concurrently
- Provide coverage in the surgical ICU at least one week per month
- Provide back up call coverage as needed
- Elective surgery is optional, but encouraged
- Established expertise in working with diverse patient populations
- ATLS Instructor qualifications and teaching background required
The physician selected will have the opportunity to develop a full-time clinical practice, educate residents and medical students, and be encouraged to participate in clinical and/or basic science research, and will have a faculty appointment commensurate with their credentials.
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, and nearby skiing
- Heritage and culture: galleries, old presidio, museums, missions
- Culinary: great selection of cuisine with vibrant, newly renovated downtown
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine - research, teaching, and patient care - across three academic medical centers.
Banner University Medical Center offers excellent compensation plus incentives, paid malpractice, paid CME plus allowance and outstanding benefits that provide security for you and your family. Please submit your CV for immediate consideration, to: email@example.com. For questions, please call Tiffany Lewis, Sourcing Strategist at: 602-747-4578. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Apply for ACUTE CARE SURGERY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly