Chair – Department of Pediatrics
The Chair of the Department of Pediatrics is responsible for the strategic development and the day to-day operations of the department across the Health System, with primary emphasis on providing oversight to and ensuring the quality and accessibility of patient care delivered by the Department's clinical staff. Working with system leadership, the Chair develops a strategic vision for the Department and faculty, implementing programs and other initiatives that align with the mission and goals of the Health System. The Chair guides the department's transformation within the evolving healthcare environment.
Applicants are invited to submit a resume/CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the job title (Chair – Department of Pediatrics) in the subject line of your e-mail.
Should you have any questions regarding this opening, please contact Mark Loafman, MD, MPH, Chair, Department of Family and Community Medicine at: 312-864-3505.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be included with your emailed resume/CV.
- MD or DO degree, or foreign equivalent
- Completion of an accredited residency program in Pediatrics
- Current certification by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Current PALS certification
- Current physician and surgeon license to practice medicine in the United States and eligible to obtain Illinois licensure before beginning employment
- Illinois and Federal controlled substance license or eligible to obtain before beginning employment
- Three years administrative and management experience, in a multi-faceted Pediatrics department
- Five years post-residency clinical experience, in a complex healthcare environment
- Eligibility for an academic appointment at Professor or Associate Professor level
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the community and with peers and personnel at all levels of a healthcare delivery organization.
- One or more year of experience working with underserved populations in an urban environment
- Advanced training and leadership experience in community based primary care clinical services
- Bilingual fluency (e.g. English-Spanish, English-Polish, etc.)
The Chair of the Department of Pediatrics reports to the Executive Medical Director of the Cook County Health and Hospitals System
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM
As one of the largest public health systems in the country, the Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) cares for more than 300,000 individuals resulting in over 1 million patient visits each year. Our mission to care for all, regardless of their ability to pay, dates back to 1835. In that time, we have cared for millions of patients and trained thousands of doctors, nurses, and health professionals. We conduct important research making substantial contributions to current practices. With a patient-centric focus, we look to our teams to provide a commitment to leading edge practices and approaches, collegial relationships, and the CCHHS mission.
Apply for Chair – Department of Pediatrics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly