Endocrinology Opportunity: Maine University Metro
• Must be BC/BE in Endocrinology, prefer experience with thyroid and able to perform fine needle aspirations.
• Eastern Maine Medical Center seeks an additional colleague for our unique endocrinology practice.
• Eastern Maine Medical Center is a 411-bed tertiary regional referral hospital at the core of a large system of satellite hospitals covering two-thirds of our state.
• Our hospital has invested in a new 300 million dollar inpatient tower set to open in early 2017 and we are on strong financial footing going into 2017.
• Growing endocrinology department with the opportunity for expansion in the management of chronic conditions.
• Flexible to accommodate specific areas of interest and, having two Ultrasound Units in the office, we are especially seeking those skilled in FNA procedures and a focused skill set for thyroid.
• In addition, our ADA recognized Diabetes and Nutrition Center provides the support of RN and RD Certified Diabetes Educators who actively help with management of the large population of our patients with diabetes.
• Medical Center is an ACS-verified level-II trauma center and provides tertiary care for a regional population of 500,000.
• Competitive salary and full benefits package.
LIVLEY METRO CITY- HOME OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MAINE
Bangor, Maine is a highly rated lively riverside metro and is home to the University of Maine. The city hosts a joint venture UMaine/Bangor Art museum and the Children’s Discovery Museum. The Bangor Symphony Orchestra is the oldest professional community symphony in the United States. The Penobscot Theatre Company is a professional well supported arts venue. The Collins Center for the Arts on the campus of the University of Maine offers a 1200-seat theater with entertainment, from Opera and Broadway Musicals to Jazz. Bangor International Airport hosts Delta/Northwest, US Airways, and Allegient Airlines. These airlines fly regional jets to NYC, Philadelphia, Detroit, and Orlando. The airport is modern, with never a parking issue or long lines. This area of Maine offers the best of New England's lifestyle. There are a myriad of locally owned restaurants, cafes and pubs, charming in-town shops, and Macy’s anchoring the large mall. It is an easy I-95 four -hour drive to Boston, two hours to Sugarloaf USA skiing, and under an hour to Penobscot Bay sailing and Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park.
Health Search New England