Internal Medicine Faculty Jobs in Portland, OR
Portland, Oregon — Providence Portland Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency program is seeking an exceptional clinician-educator in Internal Medicine to join our Department of Medical Education faculty. The Department is housed in a vibrant academic community medical center which provides care to a full spectrum of diverse patients with a wide variety of diseases. Our 30-resident IM training program emphasizes mentorship, role modeling and rigorous clinical experiences that balance clinical exposure in a variety of settings including outpatient general medicine, inpatient medicine and internal medicine subspecialties with understanding of the health care system, evidence-based medicine and quality improvement. In collaboration with the Oregon Health & Sciences University, faculty are also actively involved in medical student education with an opportunity for a clinical appointment with the College of Medicine.
In this position you will:
· Work closely with the Garnjobst Chair of Medical Education and the Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency to provide vision, leadership, organizational skills and teaching supervision for the internal medicine residents and medical students.
· Faculty time is proportioned between clinical duties and protected time for education and scholarly activity which includes medical education research, quality improvement and patient outcomes research as well as local, regional and national presentations
· Approximately 50 percent of time will be spent in direct patient care and clinical supervision of trainee
· Approximately 40 percent of time will be protected for academic endeavors including teaching and evaluation of trainees, scholarly activity and administrative duties.
· Clinical activity involves both inpatient attending on the wards at PPMC and outpatient primary care and precepting at the Providence Medical Group- Northeast· .
· Option exists to supplement this 0.7 FTE position to full-time.
Facility: Providence Portland Medical Center
Providence Portland Medical Center is a major landmark along Interstate 84 in east Portland. The facility has 483 beds and numerous award-winning programs and services, including one of the best Internal Medicine residency programs in the nation. Providence Portland is also home to a cancer center that is unmatched on the West Coast in terms of the breadth of services and technologies available under one roof.
Portland has a metro population over two million, but maintains strong local neighborhoods and a close connection to nature. Consequently, the city consistently ranks high in national “livability” contests. The New York Times describes Portland as a “bastion of good living” and “one of our national capitals of cool.” With easy access to mountains and beaches, coupled with a nationally recognized food culture, Portland is a large little city with an outsized and unique cultural footprint.