Palliative Care

Sep 26, 2016
Palliative Care
Position Type
  • Guthrie Medical Group is looking for someone with a strong desire to develop a Palliative Care service line
  • This is an inpatient practice with the development of an outpatient program
  • 90% of consultations are medical while the other 10% are surgical
  • There is 1 Nurse Practitioner and 1 Social Worker who are dedicated to the service line
  • A typical work day is Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm with no call
  • A practicing physician led organization in a financially robust integrated healthcare system.
  • Collegial, team environment
  • As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.

    Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.

    Community Overview
    Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration.  From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you.  Like sports?  See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.  

    Myriad of career opportunities for spouses abound at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and education institutions.  And when only the city will do, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a short trip.  

    Discover the innumerable rewards to life in the Twin Tiers

    Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Opportunity Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Hospital, Health Care, Healthcare, Medical, Clinical, Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, Advanced Practice, Advanced Practitioner, Full Time, Per Diem, Magnet, Health System