Hematology/Oncology - Chief
- Guthrie Cancer Center is nationally recognized by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer for delivering comprehensive care through leading-edge technology dedicated to research, employing both multi-center clinical research trials as well as investigator initiated protocols. The Guthrie Cancer Center team offers clinical trials and multidisciplinary tumor boards for breast, lung, hepatobiliary, genitourinary, and head & neck cancers.
- Visionary leader needed who will successfully lead a multi-site department with a large integrated healthcare system.
- Inspirational relationship builder who will collaborate with the Chairman of Radiation Oncology and Chief of Surgical Oncology to set the course on quality programmatic development.
- In addition to excellent clinical skills the selected candidate must posses a passion for academics and research.
- Chosen leader will be ambitious and goal oriented.
- We offer a newly expanded Cancer Center in Sayre, Pennsylvania, featuring 17,000 square feet of space that provides patients with privacy and easier access as well as a brand new Cancer Center in Corning, NY. This new center, along with the skills of experienced, caring staff, created a new era in patient-centered cancer care at Guthrie. Both of our Cancer Centers boast State-of-the-art Radiation Oncology Departments.
- 3 Hematology/Oncology Physicians, 1 Hematology Physician, 3 Nurse Practitioners.
- Dedicated Surgical Oncologist (only fellowship trained Surg/Onc in the area) and Dedicated Breast Surgeon as well as several fellowship trained radiologists in women's imaging.
- We provide Advanced Endoscopy including EUS and Advanced Pulmonary Procedures including EBUS.
- We have an established Pathology Department that includes a fellowship trained Dermatopathologist, two fellowship trained hematopathologists and a fellowship trained Cytologist.
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.
If you are a Hematology/Oncologist who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad of career opportunities for spouses abound at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and education institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a short trip.