Neurocritical Care Intensivist
Inova is currently recruiting for neurocritical care intensivists to join our busy Cedical Critical Care Service at Inova Fairfax Medical Center (IFMC), an 833-bed, Level 1 Trauma Center. IFMC’s MCCS team has over 30 physicians and midlevel providers who care for the most acutely ill patients in our ICUs. Our team is dedicated to utilizing the most advanced techniques in providing the highest quality care to our patients. In addition to medical critical care intensivists, we are also seeking intensivists with subspecialty expertise, training, and certification in neurocritical care and cardiac critical care. We support the critically ill patients in the four ICUs listed below, as well as provide critical care consultation to the hospital, and subspecialty critical care support to the Inova system of hospitals. Post-ICU care is supported by a team of hospitalists, including a subspecialty hospitalist service for neurologic diseases and injuries. IFMC is a teaching hospital for Georgetown, George Washington, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Inova’s own residents.
Our medical intensivists support:
- 18-Bed MSICU (medical-surgical intensive care unit)
- 24-Bed CCU (cardiac care unit)
- 24-Bed CVICU (cardiovascular intensive care unit)
Our neurocritical care intensivists support:
- 18-Bed NSICU (neuroscience intensive care unit)
Our advanced techniques and capabilities include:
- Advanced ultrasound assessment and procedural guidance for: all vascular access; cardiac, vascular, intrathoracic, and intraabdominal assessments; intracranial vascular and neurologic assessments
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- Impella, LVAD, and IABP support to heart failure patients
- Advanced neuro-ICU monitoring techniques, including Moberg real-time multi-modal monitoring, and brain tissue oxygen tension monitoring
- Transplant center for heart, lung and kidney
- MD or DO Degree
- Completed ACGME residency training and subsequent fellowship with ABMS board certification in critical care (and neurocritical care for our neuro-intensive care unit)
- Current Virginia medical license and DEA
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at all Inova Hospitals
- High-energy, able to work with advanced tertiary team
Full-time position with very competitive salary and bonus structure, and compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as defined contribution retirement plans.
Inova is a not-for-profit healthcare system based in Northern Virginia that serves more than 2 million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient services and facilities, primary and specialty care practices, and health and wellness initiatives.
For more information, please contact Physician Recruiter Stephanie Woodley at: firstname.lastname@example.org