Chief of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery – Major New York Teaching Hospital
Northwell Health is seeking a Chief of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery to lead our Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery at Staten Island University Hospital, a teaching hospital of the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine. The ideal candidate must be board certified in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, have a proven academic record, including exceptional leadership skills, and a commitment to education, research, and clinical excellence.
- Development and implementation of strategic vision for the Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
- Academic interest and participation in the ACGME accredited training programs in General Surgery and multiple subspecialty accredited fellowship programs, including: vascular surgery and minimally invasive surgery. Opportunities may be available to develop additional fellowship programs.
- Participation in educational program for medical students from SUNY Downstate College of Medicine and other affiliated medical schools.
- Oversee development and maintenance of research programs in the division.
- Work collaboratively with our team of Voluntary and Medical Group Faculty Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and other staff.
- Develop relationships with community organizations involved in surgery, education, and management.
Founded in 1861, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed, specialized teaching hospital located in New York City’s fastest growing borough. Occupying two large campuses, plus a number of community-based health centers and labs, the hospital provides quality care to people on Staten Island, the New York metropolitan region, and to patients from around the world.
Staten Island is the third largest borough in New York City and is home to diverse neighborhoods, parks, natural areas, and cultural attractions. It is right over the bridge from either Brooklyn or New Jersey, or you can reach Manhattan via ferry, or less than 30 minutes via car. “The small town in the Big City” affords suburban living within the confines of the Big Apple; the best of both worlds. Wherever you roam, you will encounter breathtaking views, world class culture and education, and a neighborhood to fit every palate.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.