Medical Director - Emergency Medicine Job in Ahoskie, NC (Ability to live in Tidewater Virginia)
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Roanoke Chowan Hospital in Ahoskie, NC are seeking an EM trained, B/C physician, with experience, to serve as Medical Director. Physician positions also available. EM trained new graduates and Visa candidates considered.
Job Highlights include:
- Close proximity to NC and VA beaches
- Join a stable, well-established health care system
- System-wide integrated EMR, EPIC
- Vidant Air and Vidant Ground Support
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Vidant Medical Group is a multispecialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health. Currently Vidant Medical Group employs over 425 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records, and other technologies.
Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed, not-for-profit hospital, located in Ahoskie NC. This area features beautiful rural scenery and a climate conducive to year-round, outdoor activities. The 15-bed ER serves approximately 21,000 patients per year from the local community and surrounding towns. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services to its 39,000 residents in the four-county area.
Ahoskie/Hertford County, NC
- Located in North Carolina’s Inner Banks region; Ahoskie is located 24 miles south of the Virginia line, 40 miles northwest of historic Edenton, NC; and 65 miles southeast of Lake Gaston in Littleton, NC
- Two hours from the Outer Banks, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country
- Offers a desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding golf courses, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks for outdoor activities
- Vidant Wellness Center – Ahoskie is a 21,000-foot facility which includes a lap pool, an exercise studio, and the latest in cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Recreation Center which includes little league baseball, lighted athletic fields, and picnic area
- Attractive lots and homes on the beautiful Chowan River and in the country
- General aviation airport nearby and one hour from Norfolk International Airport in Virginia, and one hour from commercial airport in Greenville, NC
- East Carolina University Dental School has a site in Ahoskie; one hour from the main ECU campus which offers Division 1 athletics and diverse performing arts offerings. Chowan University just 15 minutes from Ahoskie
Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
Malpractice (with tail)
Medical, Dental, & Vision