Functional Medicine Physician
The Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine requires a physician who is experienced in Functional Medicine and able to integrate this patient care approach with the reputation and integrity of the Cleveland Clinic. This physician will focus on the Functional Medicine team approach to provide excellent patient experiences and deliver innovative, value-based care at the Cleveland Clinic. Key functions will include:
- Building a patient-focused functional medicine practice
- Building an internal and external referral network that results in chronically ill patients coming to the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine
- Working closely with the Medical Director in clinical program development and implementation
- Working closely with team members to optimize the patient care experience
- Providing feedback to Medical Director and Practice Administrator on effective mechanisms to improve patient flow, patient care, EMR documentation, diagnostic testing options, and nutraceutical therapeutics.
- Providing clinical support for shared medical visits
- Providing education to support patient groups aimed at supporting health behaviors and lifestyle changes
- Providing education to medical staff, residents, and students on functional medicine
- Provide chronic disease care from a Functional Medicine perspective by interviewing, assessing, and treating clinical patients, meeting their medical needs, and improving their quality of life
- Consult with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Educate patients on wellness, prevention, and early detection by providing materials and resources to patients and families
- Participate in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements
- Oversee mid-level medical staff as assigned, as well as nursing clinical staff; assign appropriate aspects of care to non-physician staff
- Assist in the resolution of complaints, requests, and inquiries from patients
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
- Present case studies on a monthly basis to promote clinical staff education/ training
- Complete all charts and dictation (if applicable) on the day of visit assuring completeness and accuracy
- Take responsibility for comprehensive and accurate coding of each patient encounter submitted the day of encounter
- Participate in utilization, research, and quality activities within practice setting as well as in activities affecting the ambulatory care network as a whole
- Represent the Cleveland Clinic and the Center for Functional Medicine in the local and broader community, participating in educational and other medically oriented programs for the public, physicians, and patients
- Demonstrate the philosophy, mission and core values associated with Patient First in performance of job responsibilities, including courteous and cooperative behavior toward patients, visitors, volunteers, and peers
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity, decision-making abilities, and work flexibility
- Follow organizational policies, procedures, and protocols
- Provide mentoring and/or coaching to nutritionist, health coach, and other clinicians
- Fulfill all requirements as detailed in the Employment Contract and meet all regular responsibilities of a CC physician, including:
- Providing medical services in the general care and treatment of patients in both practice and hospital settings
- Providing comprehensive medical services for patients on a continuing basis
- Analyzing reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnosing condition of patient
- Administering or prescribing treatments and medications
- Promoting health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods of prevention of disease
- Referring patients to specialists when necessary for the patient's well-being
- Working collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues
Specific Characteristics and Skills Required
- Functional Medicine experience in practice
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse team members, caregivers, students, and patients
- Superior communication skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to function in a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of EPIC medical records a plus
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner
- Medical degree from an accredited school
- License to practice in state of Ohio
- Current DEA and NPI Certificate of Registration
- Active ABMS (or ABPS) Board Certification
Cleveland Clinic is one of the world's largest and busiest health centers. Patients come to Cleveland Clinic from all over the world. We offer advanced treatment for all illnesses and disorders of the body. We enjoy a strong reputation for outstanding quality care. U.S News & World Report has declared that we are the number two hospital in the country. In cardiology and cardiac surgery, we lead the nation.
Cleveland Clinic's heart program has ranked No. 1 in the nation since 1995. Our urology program also ranked No. 1 in the nation, and three of our specialties - gastroentrerology and GI surgery, kidney disorders, and rheumatology - are ranked No. 2.
Eight other Cleveland Clinic specialties are ranked in the Top 10. Cleveland Clinic earned the highest ranking of any Ohio hospital.
Other specialties noted for national excellence include cancer and psychiatry. Cleveland Clinic Children's offers highly specialized pediatric care in a family-centered atmosphere. It has been ranked the best children's hospital in Ohio by Child magazine.
Cleveland Clinic was founded in 1921 as a not-for-profit group practice, integrating clinical and hospital care with research and physician education. In addition to our Cleveland location, we have Cleveland Clinic Florida, with a unified medical campus in Weston, Florida, offering the full spectrum of care.
Cleveland Clinic has more than 3,500 salaried physicians on staff, representing approximately 120 specialties and subspecialties. In 2016, they provided a total of 7.14 million visits. Patients came to us from across America and from more than 180 nations. We also lead an extensive system of community hospitals in Cleveland called the Cleveland Clinic Hospitals.
This system is made up of Cleveland Clinic and Fairview Hospital, Lutheran Hospital, Marymount Hospital, Euclid Hospital, Hillcrest Hospital, Medina Hospital, South Pointe Hospital, Akron General Hospital, and Avon Hospital. With 4,450 staffed beds, Cleveland Clinic Hospitals offers broad geographic coverage, a full continuum of care, improved quality and lower cost of care to Northeast Ohio residents.
Any application submitted without a CV will delay the review process
Please be advised that all information entered in your application will only be shared with Cleveland Clinic and will not be distributed to third parties.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities