Family Medicine - Odessa, TX
Urgent need for
(2) BC/BE Family Practice physicians to cover outlying clinic. This SS
clinic sees all ages as well as steady amount of Occupational Medicine
(including Workers Compensation) patients. However, this is predominantly a traditional Family Medicine practice
but it is important for new physician to be willing to see some Occ Med patients.
Regional Medical Center is located in the beautiful “Open Sky” country of west
Texas. Odessa is a community of 100,000,
as is Midland which is 15 minutes away. The combined MSA for the area is
250,000. ORMC has a supportive and
dedicated Medical Staff with a tenured Sr. Leadership team. Odessas climate is desert like with warm
weather 9 months out of the year yet cool evenings and mild winters. International airport is located between
Odessa and Midland. It is very easy to get in and out and only a 13 minute
drive from the hospital.
Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center, open less than one year, serves as home to
Midland/Odessa Symphony as well as other plays, concerts, comedians etc. Recent attractions have or will include Rod
Steward, Bill Cosby, Moscow Ballet - Great Russian Nutcracker, Glen Campbell,
Joe Ely, and Charlie Pride.
Professional sports include: Minor League Baseball (Texas League) Midland Rockhounds (Double A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics), Arena Football - West Texas Roughnecks (Long Star Football League), Hockey - Odessa Jackalopes (North American Hockey League), Football - West Texas Drillers (Minor Professional Football League).
Good schools with private and
public choices located in Odessa and Midland.
Texas Tech Residency Program for IM, FP, Pedi and OB/GYN is also located
Odessa offers a great sense of community, excellent schools, and reasonable cost of living. This is a quality medical community with a wide variety of cultural and sporting events. The close proximity to Davis Mountains and Big Bend provide a beautiful landscape.
- Employment Practice Arrangement
- Physician(s) can cover their own hospital admissions or refer coverage to hospitalists (Pay for Outpatient/Inpatient opportunity will be more than Outpatient only)
- There will be (1) Physician per clinic that will be responsible for the supervision of multiple mid-levels
- Call coverage for clinics will be shared among other employed physicians as mutually agreed
- Physician can expect 20-25 office visits per day and to work a minimum of 50 hours per week
- Candidate should have a friendly personality, energetic and be willing to work hard to build a successful practice