Family Medicine - Odessa, TX
Regional Medical Center is located in the beautiful “Open Sky” country of west
Texas. Odessa is a community of 100,000,
as is Midland which is 15 minutes away. The combined MSA for the area is
250,000. ORMC has a supportive and
dedicated Medical Staff with a tenured Sr. Leadership team. Odessas climate is desert like with warm
weather 9 months out of the year yet cool evenings and mild winters. International airport is located between
Odessa and Midland. It is very easy to get in and out and only a 13 minute
drive from the hospital.
Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center, open less than one year, serves as home to
Midland/Odessa Symphony as well as other plays, concerts, comedians etc. Recent attractions have or will include Rod
Steward, Bill Cosby, Moscow Ballet - Great Russian Nutcracker, Glen Campbell,
Joe Ely, and Charlie Pride.
Professional sports include: Minor League Baseball (Texas League) Midland Rockhounds (Double A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics), Arena Football - West Texas Roughnecks (Long Star Football League), Hockey - Odessa Jackalopes (North American Hockey League), Football - West Texas Drillers (Minor Professional Football League).
Good schools with private and
public choices located in Odessa and Midland.
Texas Tech Residency Program for IM, FP, Pedi and OB/GYN is also located
Odessa offers a great sense of community, excellent schools, and reasonable cost of living. This is a quality medical community with a wide variety of cultural and sporting events. The close proximity to Davis Mountains and Big Bend provide a beautiful landscape.
- Urgent need BC/BE Family Practice physicians to cover outlying clinic. This SS clinic sees patients of all ages.
- Employment Practice Arrangement
- Physician(s) can cover their own hospital admissions or refer coverage to hospitalists (Pay for Outpatient/Inpatient opportunity will be more than Outpatient only)
- There will be (1) Physician per clinic that will be responsible for the supervision of multiple mid-levels
- Call coverage for clinics will be shared among other employed physicians as mutually agreed
- Physician can expect 20-25 office visits per day and to work a minimum of 50 hours per week
- Candidate should have a friendly personality, energetic and be willing to work hard to build a successful practice.